PostDoc Position on Unlicensed LTE Experimentation at UOC Barcelona
The Wireless Networks (WiNE) Research group at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), Barcelona opens a PostDoc position on unlicensed LTE experimentation.
The position is offered in the context of the ORCA (Orchestration and Reconfiguration Control Architecture) open call for extension: Unified Platform for Benchmarking 3GPP Unlicenced LTE Flavors in ORCA (UP-ORCA). This extension proposes to implement and benchmark the three unlicensed LTE flavors specified by the 3GPP (LWA, LWIP and LAA) in the ORCA platform. This includes implementation in ns-3 and interfacing to the ORCA SDR platforms.
We seek outstanding candidates with a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field with the following skills:
– Good knowledge of LTE and WiFi.
– Experience on ns-3 module development.
– Experience on LabView hardware integration.
– Experience on SDR programming.
– English proficiency.
– Good communication skills.
– Used to work in teams.
– Starting date of the contract: 01/02/2018.
– Duration: 9 months (with possibility of extension).
– Salary (gross): 33-37K (based on experience).
Candidates should send the following information to Cristina Cano at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Curriculum Vitae.
– Cover letter.
– Publication record.
– The contact information of three referees.
Review of applications starts immediately. New applications will be considered until the position is filled.