The Wireless Networks Research group pioneers the research and development of technologies that improve the way devices communicate. These technologies are present in our lives, through smart phones, home networks, vehicles, and connected appliances. They are also present in our ecosystems and habitat, in cities, roads and large infrastructures by providing seamless connectivity to gather information, monitor and control their operation. Also, in industries, instrumented with new generations of wireless technologies, where their operative information is used to improve processes and reduce operation costs while increasing sustainability. Our primary interest is in helping industries, cities, infrastructure operators and people to benefit from Internet enabled objects and contribute to a more sustainable Internet of Things by optimizing aspects of their operation and underlying technology.
What we offer
- 1 year postdoctoral position in the area of wireless communications.
- Starting date – September 2017.
- Participation and involvement in the research activities of the group.
- Collaborative and very flexible working space with outstanding research infrastructure and labs.
- Collaboration with other postdoctoral fellows and leadership of PhD students.
- We are located in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
- WiNe is a research group of the Internet Interdisciplinary Institute and part of the Open University of Catalonia (UOC).
Areas of interest
Embedded systems and communications. In particular:
- Low power deterministic wireless networks for industrial automation.
- Low power wide area networks technologies and cellular M2M networks.
- Protocol design and testing
- Convergence of backbone networks and capillary networks.
- PhD in telecommunications or computer science.
- Python programming skills
- Deep knowledge of network protocols, technologies and architectures, specially in the wireless communication space.
- Exceptional communication and technical writing skills.
Will be considered
- Knowledge on embedded system programming.
- Knowledge on LPWAN tecnhonologies
- Knowledge on backend/front-end development and software platforms.
Please send your application to email@example.com. In your email include the following:
- CV with a list of publications and copies of university certificates,
- A short summary of your present and future research interests (1 page max),
- A list of three referees with contact information.
For further details please contact: Dr. Xavier Vilajosana (firstname.lastname@example.org) and visit: http://wine.rdi.uoc.edu/