Who we are?
The Wireless Networks Research Lab from Universitat Oberta de Catalunya is a leading research group in embedded systems and wireless communications, with a focus on Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems. We are looking to hire an experienced Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineer to help us develop ongoing projects and strengthen our future growth. If you are dedicated and ambitious, the WiNe Lab is an excellent place to grow your career, so don’t hesitate to apply!
What we offer?
- 3 year full time contract (37.5h/week) starting on April 2020.
- Competitive salary (32.000-36.000 €) according to candidate experience.
- Flexible working environment and participation in the group research activities.
- We are located in Castelldefels (Catalonia, Spain).
- Design, develop and build IoT related software systems.
- Explore and evaluate novel IoT technologies.
- Participate in research activities and deployments towards novel uses of the technology
- Get in touch with the industrial ecosystem in the territory, participating in knowledge transfer activities
- Document and report about the technological developments.
- Identify and resolve software and embedded system problems as they arise.
- Work with other teammates to ensure software and hardware systems are designed to support the envisioned goals.
- PhD or Master’s degree in computer science, telecommunications or computer engineering is strongly preferred.
- 4+ years experience as a software or systems engineer.
- Must have superior analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and still meet deadlines.
- Open to collaboration and able to work productively as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to break down complex technical problems into simple terms.
- Superior attention to detail in order to spot minute errors in code.
- Excellent creative thinking skills and able to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- English proficiency.
- Good communication skills.
Will be considered
- Knowledge on machine learning.
- Knowledge on embedded system programming.
- Knowledge on wireless networking.
Please send your application to email@example.com. In your email include the following:
- A cover letter.
- CV and copies of university certificates.
- The name of 2 reference persons
For further details please contact: Xavier Vilajosana (firstname.lastname@example.org).